These are the only conditions (“Conditions”) upon which DACS Office Solutions Ltd (“the Seller”) (registered office Unit G5, Ivanhoe Business Park, Smisby Road, Ashby De La Zouch, Leicestershire LE65 2UY, registration number 6347164) will trade with the Buyer. All orders are accepted on the basis of these conditions. Any conditions of purchase offered on behalf of the Buyer shall be deemed to be waived by the Buyer on acceptance of the goods or services. In these Conditions the following capitalised words have the meanings indicated:
“the Bespoke Goods” means Goods marked in the Trade Price List or other catalogue of the Seller as to order only or any other Goods of a type or specification not commonly supplied by the Seller or Goods specifically ordered by the Seller to resell to the Buyer in accordance with the Order;
“the Bespoke Services” means Services of a type or specification not commonly supplied by the Seller or Services specifically designed by the Seller to be provided to the Buyer in accordance with the Order;
“the Buyer” means the person firm or company to be supplied with Goods pursuant to the Contract;
“the Contract” means the contract between the Seller and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of the Goods and includes these Conditions, the Order, the Seller’s Customer Returns Policy and the Account Application Form;
“the Goods” means the goods to be supplied by the Seller to the Buyer pursuant to the Contract;
“the Order” means the offer from the Buyer to the Seller to purchase the Goods in accordance with these Conditions;
“the Seller’s Customer Returns Policy” means the Seller’s returns policy or policies for the Goods as may be published by the Seller from time to time;
“the Services” means the services to be supplied by the Seller to the Buyer pursuant to the Contract;
“the Supplementary Conditions” means the supplementary conditions which will apply in addition to these Conditions to the sale by the Seller to the Buyer of Bespoke Goods;
“the Trade Price List” means the Seller’s currently published trade price list at the date of despatch of the Goods; and
“Working Day” means any day from Monday through to Friday inclusive excluding United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland public holidays.
- Price. The Seller reserves the right to vary prices without prior notification to reflect any increase in the cost to the Seller arising after acceptance of the order, which is due to any factor beyond the control of the Seller, any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications requested by the Buyer, or any delay caused by instructions of the Buyer. Goods and services will be invoiced at the price ruling at the date of despatch.
- Variations. No order which has been accepted by the Seller may be varied or cancelled by the Buyer without the prior consent of the Seller. Any reduction in order quantity or goods returned will only be accepted with prior approval of the Seller
- Delivery. Acceptance of delivery of goods and/or provision of services (or any part thereof) shall be deemed conclusive evidence of Buyer’s acceptance of these conditions. Delivery of the goods shall be made by the Seller delivering the goods to the Buyer’s premises or, if some other place for delivery is agreed by the Seller, by the Seller delivering the goods to that place. Any dates quoted for delivery of the goods are approximate only and the Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the goods howsoever caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by the Seller in writing. The Seller shall be entitled to make partial delivery or deliveries by instalments and to invoice for such deliveries as are made.
- Non Delivery. If the Seller is unable to make actual delivery of the goods for any reason, or if the Buyer either fails to take delivery of the goods on the agreed delivery date or delays the delivery date; then the Seller may store or arrange the storage of the goods until actual delivery, at the risk and expense of the Buyer, and charge the Buyer the following: reasonable or actual (if with a third party) storage costs (including insurance); all additional transport and handling costs including the additional time of the Seller at its appropriate hourly or daily rates; and receive payment in full for the goods in storage, in accordance with the normal payment terms.
- Returns. The Seller has the discretion (which it may exercise as it wishes) to accept the return of any of the Goods supplied to but not required by the Buyer (upon such terms in respect of a handling charge or otherwise as the Seller may choose) and to issue a credit note in respect thereof. Any request by the Buyer to the Seller to exercise such a discretion must be made in accordance with the provisions of the Seller’s Customer Returns Policy. The Buyer may not return Bespoke Goods or any Goods marked as non returnable in the Trade Price List.
- Payment. The Buyer shall pay the price specified in the invoice (without any deduction) net monthly, notwithstanding that physical delivery may not have taken place and the property in the goods has not passed to the Buyer. If the Buyer fails to make any payment on the due date then the Seller may charge interest on the amount unpaid, at the rate of 5 per cent per annum above the base rate of National Westminster Bank plc. The Seller also reserves the right to withhold further deliveries until all arrears have been paid. The Buyer’s credit facility may be terminated by the Seller at any time without notice and without assigning any reason therefore. The Seller has the right to assign any amounts due from the Seller to a third party.
- Force Majeure. If the seller is unable to perform the services for a reason of force majeure or any other reason outside the Seller’s reasonable control, the Seller shall be entitled to charge the Buyer for any additional time, cost or expense incurred as a result thereof and where the Seller is unable to perform the services for any such reason for a period of more than two weeks the Seller shall be entitled to postpone its performance of the contract until such time as it is reasonably able to re-continue the performance of the services.
- Warranty. The Seller shall have no liability in respect of parts, materials or equipment not manufactured by the Seller, in respect of which the Buyer shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee as is given by the manufacturer.
- Consequential Loss. The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the Contract, for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (and whether caused by the negligence of the Seller, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the goods or their use or resale by the Buyer, except as expressly provided in these conditions.
- Third Party Claims. If any claim is made against the Buyer that the goods or services infringe or that their use, resale or provision infringes the patent, copyright, design, trade mark or other industrial or intellectual property rights of any other person, any liability of the Seller to the Buyer shall be subject to the Seller being given full control of any proceedings or negotiations in connection with any such claim including the payment or settlement thereof.
- Risk and Title. Risk in the goods shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery, title in the goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the later of delivery and receipt by the Seller of payment in full of all sums due or owing on any account.
- Governing Law. These conditions and the contract for sale to which they relate shall in all respects be construed in accordance with and be governed by English Law.
- The Supplementary Conditions will apply to any Order for Bespoke Goods or Bespoke Services.
- ELECTRONIC TRADING. The following terms shall be deemed to be accepted by placing an electronic order.
14.1 Use. No part or parts of any information supplied on the DACS Office Solutions Ltd website may be reproduced in any form or by any means electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or any information storage or retrieval system, except for the express purpose of placing an order or keeping a copy of an order or a copy of a report on products ordered.
14.2. Password Security. The Buyer agrees that the person(s) using the Website for placing order(s) have the capacity and authority to place orders on behalf of the buyer (“Authorised User”). The Buyer is responsible for ensuring that only Authorised Users place orders on the Website and that the passwords issued by the Seller are kept secure and confidential. The Buyer agrees that the Seller is entitled to rely absolutely on any orders placed using the password(s) issued by the Seller. The Buyer shall inform the seller if they become aware of any unauthorized or mis-use so that new passwords can be issued.
14.3 Data Protection: the Seller undertakes that it shall not hold information about the Buyer which is excessive in relation to the purposes for which it is used; not keep information for any purpose for longer that is necessary; and process information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Terms valid at date of issue. The Seller reserves the right to modify, without notice. When this occurs, the new Terms and Conditions are effective immediately and supersede prior published information.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How much can I expect to save?
What's the catch?
How can I get started?
Am I tied into a long-term contract?
What services are involved?
All of them!
See our full service list to find out how we can benefit your business.
How much does your full purchasing audit cost?
Nothing. There’s no need to pay for an external consultant.
We offer a FREE OF CHARGE full purchasing audit to identify where you can make the most savings with us moving forward.
We have the knowledge and industry experience to guide you through the process and to ensure you maximum savings available.
See how we can help
What are we all about?
“A number of our office services contracts were due for renewal so it was prudent for us to test the market and ensure that we were getting the best deal.
We decided to carry out a full benchmarking review for our Office Supplies, Print and EOS categories; and had an open mind as to whether we would switch suppliers. DACS assessed our usage, processes and expenditure across the categories, and provided a clear and concise analysis which set out our options, along with key product recommendations.
It was clear that we could make substantial savings by changing provider and although our incumbent supplier did reduce their prices considerably, as is often the way, we made the decision to change.
The implementation process was very smooth and thorough, including online training for the new platform and agreeing stock levels for all our printed stationery.
We are very pleased with the work DACS have done on this project. Their market knowledge and expertise has enabled us to achieve a sustainable contract, which should deliver value over the contract term.
In addition the savings achieved were very substantial – we couldn’t ask for more!
I would thoroughly recommend DACS Office Solutions to any business that wishes to reduce their office supplies expenditure.”